Chicken Fricassee with Edmond Fallot Tarragon Dijon Mustard
Embracing the complex flavours found in Edmond Fallot Tarragon Dijon Mustard, this chicken dish is incredibly moist and delicious.
- 8 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 7 oz small white pearl onions
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, tarragon), divided
- 7 Tbsp fresh cream
- 2 Tbsp Edmond Fallot Tarragon Dijon Mustard
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and dust with flour.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add thighs skin side down and cook until golden brown. When golden brown, turn chicken over and cook for another 3 minutes or so.
- Then add pearl onions, chopped herbs, and chicken broth, being careful not to moisten the top of the chicken thighs with the broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 35 minutes or until the chicken registers 165ºF.
- Remove the thighs and onions to a serving platter and keep warm.
- With the heat on medium, add the cream and tarragon mustard to the pan and combine well. Bring to a boil.
- Season according to taste. Pour the sauce over chicken thighs and sprinkle with additional chopped herbs.